From:
Bill Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:21:17 -0800
the shelters here, and everyone I know with ferrets (including us with
our 14) use the wood pellets made to be burned in the wood stoves.  They
are readily available at the local grocery stores, at major hardware, and
some variety stores such as *al-Mar*.  The cost range from $2.00 a 40#
bag (if you buy it by the pallet, to $3.75 at the grocery store (same
size).  We've been using it for years, and none of our babies have had
problems with it.... all except Sunshine, who thinks it's great fun to
frolic and roll in it just after the box has been disinfected and filled
with new pellets!  Yes, he has a rice box, and a corn-starch pellet box,
but he still has to get his litterbox roll fix!!  Go figure.  If I'm off
base re the type of pellets that are the 'safe' ones, please someone,
poet the correct type!

Michelle, and the gang of 14 :-(, .......(Sweet Ellie died in her sleep
on Sunday, and her harem of 8 boys are missing her horribly... just like
her humans.  She's over the bridge, lapping up ferretone, and has a
bazillion squeaky toys that no one will steal.Costello was happy to have
a familiar sleeping buddy up there as well.)