From:
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:40:37 -0800
Hi all!  I just thought I'd respond to some of what i've been reading...
and stop lurking.  First off... I really enjoyed the post about isoflurane.
We use it every day here, and not only is it better for the animals, it's
better for our livers too.  (I'd rather drink mine out thank you :})  But
has anyone heard of Cephaflurane?  I think that's how it's spelled... it's
not available for practice use yet here in Wisconsin, but the University
Vet School has been using it.  Just would like to get some ideas from
others before we fork out money for a new vaporizor.

Second ramble: Iams... I know the iams line changed, but did Eukanuba?
They were owned by the same company, Yes?  So if Iams changed, did
Eukanuba?  I've had my ferrets on Iams all there life.  I don't like how
they are doing on it now.  My 10 year old who has insulinoma has taken a
drastic downward turn.  We've had to up the Pred.  quite a bit.  But the
other kids don't like it much either.  I don't like it much.  The poop is
stinkier, there's more of it and they are eating it like pigs.  I've heard
the Name Totally Ferret bandied arround, Can anyone tell me where I can
find some in Wisconsin?  also, What;s the opinion about mixing foods?
would a mixture of several types be bad?

Thirdly: Thank you to all of you who sent me pics of your lovely fuzzies!
the leaflets are in the Prof's hot little hands and I'm waiting for the
grade... Thanks again so much!

Fourthly: I've been having a heck of a time with my guys and thier litter
pan.  I've been changing it once a day, twice when I have the time, and
they still like to go outside it IN THIER CAGE!  I've moved the pan to the
areas where they were going and then the little farts would just poop in
the corner where the litter pan was.  I've got plenty of bedding down on
the floor, but they seem to enjoy pooping on the blankies... Do i need to
buy a new cage to get rid of the stink ridden areas, or is there something
else I can do?

Thanks in advance!
Dawn

Nanook - mom - look, i'm old, i'm tired... can't i poop where i want?
Lars - hey... i've only got three legs... give me a break!
Isabo - if Nanook gets too..
Suki - who?  me?

We look before and after,
and pine for what is not: