From:
Laura Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:00:32 -0400
Hey everyone!  I recently introduced my new baby-Smokey- that had a few
problems.  Most of the problems are cleared up ($150 later) but he still
cries.  Any suggestions other than a hot water bottle?  He is 10 weeks old
and cries not in pain but like he misses his mommy... I just can't figure
him out!!!  Any way, my real question is how do I get my my old fuzzie and
my new fuzzie to get along?  Right now they are in seperate cages (Bandit
is 1year old female, Smokey 10week old male) but when I let them out to
play they fight.  25% of the time it is for fun but 75% of the time they
are trying to rip each others heads off.  I was told to let them fight it
out but 3 weeks of fighting isn't making them like each other any more.  I
tried putting the baby in the Bandit's cage but the baby pushed her out of
her hammock and settled in, which caused a major fight because Bandit was
mad.  I've tried taking clothes from Bandit and giving them to Smokey and
vice versa but that is not helping.  Bathing together did not work,thought
the same smell would calm the aggression.  I am not worried about the baby
getting hurt, he can fight back just as hard as she can - but I got him for
her to have a playmate!!  Bandit (the older one) is being a snob and won't
share anything, not even the community water dish, she flips it over on him
and soaks him!  :) Please let me know of any suggestions!!!  I need help,
cleaning two cages is getting old!!!!

Laura & The two Lightweight champions