From:
"Regina J. Hart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:10:04 +0400
Hi

I hope that you enjoy your trek down to Akron/Columbus.  For a travel cage,
I recommend having a custom cage made by Skip Martin of Martin's Critters
and Cages.  He'll build the cage to your specifications, and his prices
can't be beat.  I love the PVC coated wire; it is both durable and easy to
clean.  For more info., check out http://www.  martinscages.com.

When searching for hotels, check out http://www.travelweb.com.  You can
search for hotels that accept pets, and you can even make your reservations
on line.

Note: I don't work for either Skip or Travelweb, but I love both of their
services!

>Does anyone know whether prairie dogs and woozles get along?  I'm
>considering adopting a prairie dog, but only if the ferts wouldn't mind.

I wouldn't recommend it!  Prarie dogs are big time prey animals, the
primary prey of the Black Footed Ferret, in fact.  While our domestic
buddies aren't BFF's, I still think that there could be a serious
interaction problem, if you get my drift.  Even if the ferrets didn't
actively pursue the prarie dog, I think that the stress of proximity
would be a bit much for the prarie dog.

Happy Ferreting!
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
Visit the Sage Ferrets web site at