From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:01:52 -0500
Hello

>I feel that they would likely stay quite close to the cottage, as they seem
>most interested in remaining near my wife or myself--however, sealing the
>cottage is impossible; where mice can get in, I feel certain that ferrets
>can get out, and the mice have thus far defeated our efforts.

I would most definitely not recommend trusting your ferrets to stay nearby.
Ferrets are incredibly curious creatures.  If they get outside, they WILL
roam; and, more likely than not, they will be lost, never to be seen again.
Please don't take the chance.  Perhaps you can secure one room of the
cottage and make it "ferret-proof." If that is not possible, perhaps you
can bring a cage for them and take them outside on a leash daily for a
few hours.  If all else fails, find a ferret sitter or shelter who will
be willing to watch your ferrets while you are away.

Happy Ferreting!
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
Visit the Sage Ferrets web site
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/1122

Sometimes I think I would like to be named the 'Prince of Weasels.'  As the
Prince of Weasels, I would sneak up behind people and bite them.  Then they
would turn around and say, "What the... Oh, it's just you, the Prince of
Weasels." ...Jack Handey