From:
"Linda M. Doran" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 1994 10:23:04 -0700
Dr. Williams,
        This morning, for the second time in about a week, I found a dried
spot of "thick" urine that left a shiny glaze on the floor where it was
deposited. Usually, their urine is much runnier than that. Is
this something I should be worried about? I've never seen anything like it
before; I'm not sure which ferret is doing it.

Other matters:
        On the subject of poinsettias, I have heard they are poisonous. I
don't know if that's an old wive's tale or truth, but I wouldn't want my
ferrets around one without finding out for sure. One plant I know for sure
is poisonous is the oleander; these are common in warmer climes like
California; never let a pet near one of those.
        On Hawaii, I have read two messages now that imply that
the state has good reason for outlawing ferrets. Would someone please explain
why?
        To Fi-Fi: Thank you for letting your owner write a message about
how to build a ferret run. I have a concrete patio in my back yard that
might work nicely as the starting point.