From:
SHERMAN DORN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 1994 08:07:31 -0600
Thanks to the person (whose name I forgot) who suggested the cat
paw-spreader litter pan attachment to reduce litter tracking.  It
works.  (Or our particular ferrets don't track litter.)  We're
happier changing the cage's litter more often and basic paper less
often.  And I think the fuzzies are happier as well.

To the person who asked about poinsettias:  Dr. Williams will probably
confirm this, but poinsettia berries are poisonous.  VERY dangerous.
Go give the poinsettias to a neighbor.  (Unless an FML green thumb can
say whether poinsettias are single-sexed.  Then get a male.)

We have seen ferret hammocks advertised in catalogs, and discussed here
on the FML.  Are they good ideas?  Has anyone here made them (and
can you share the plans), or would you recommend purchasing them
instead?

Tip for the day:  Fischer-Price Sure-Grip Gates (a child safety gate)
works for ferrets.  Our small fuzzies can't get through the slanted
holes, and they can't seem to climb them, either.  Price when
we purchased it:  $30.  I don't know if this will work on your
fuzzy, but it may be worth a shot.

Sherman Dorn