From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 04:09:37 -0800
Well, ferret math hit again.  Only got one on this go-round, but he's
almost enough to make 2! :-)  His previous owner named him Hop-a-long,
Hoppy for short.  I'm not too keen on the name so he'll be renamed shortly.
As I type, he is exploring his new home.  I snagged him a little while ago
and dropped him in my version of a rice box (dried beans instead of rice).
I have never seen such war dancing in a 0.5'x1' box!  He rolled, he
snorkeled, he danced and he "grinned"!  Tomorrow we get a bigger box (this
kid weighs in at at LEAST 3 lbs.) and more beans.  The previous owner also
didn't let him out much, so he's enjoying the free-roam policy here.  Miss
PeaPie, Thunder & Lightning don't know what to think of the new kid, but
they've only seen him through cage wire for now.  Once he's gone to the vet
for a check up and shots, the fun REALLY starts.  (And I'll get a better
idea on his age, he can't be only 4 months old!)  Better go find out what
he's into....

Dooks, Blessings, and healing thoughts to all
Tammy & the (expanding) Crew
PeaPie - Mom, what is this!?!?!?  ANOTHER annoying male???
Thunder - Hey, someone new to fight with...
Lightning - He came with a squeak toy?  Nope, it's MINE!!!
Hoppy - FREEEEEDOM!!! (ala Mel Gibson in Braveheart)

War Dance Haven
Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
explain physics to a 3 year old.