From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 05:13:50 -0800
I think I have the strangest ferret in all of the ferret-owned world!  My
fuzzies are now home owners--I mean free-roamers <g>, so I have food and
water dishes set out in various places for them (duh! lol).  Litter boxes
aren't necessary, since they use Baby's (the cat) box, mostly anyhow.  I
don't care where I set the water bowl in the kitchen, I always seem to put
it in the wrong place according to Lightning.  The first thing he does
after getting a drink is drag the bowl away--spilling almost every drop of
water in the process!  I think it's time to invest in either duct tape or 3
ton epoxy!  I truly can't understand WHY he insists on doing this, but at
least the last resting place was right next to the mop.  A hint I need to
clean up after him I suppose!

Backing up a few days (computer crashed, and I couldn't read the FML for
over a week!) to the items that ferrets "borrow", in our house it's mostly
my son's toys, my husband's (size 11) sneakers, slippers, and if they could
when he's in, Ramses the dog!  He's not quite sure what to make of these
little "limo-rats" (NOT my term!  A friend came up with it, along with the
threat of "ferret fritters"!  Especially when they decide to use him as a
ferret free-way at 3 a.m.) trying to tote him off.  Of course the dog is a
chicken in disguise, he runs from them!  (Mental image: 2 ft high 30 lb.
dog running in fear from a 2 lb. ferret....)

Dooks and blessings to all.  Love your fuzzies like there is no tomorrow,
for you never know when there won't be one for them...

Tammy & the Crew

Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
explain physics to a 3 year old.