From:
Caroline Worrall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 10:32:54 -0600
My mother recently returned from England.  While she was there she went to
a ferret show and was fascinated to find that in England, ferrets, aside
from being pets, are also considered working animals.  They are used in
'humane' rabbit control.  Evidently, The owners send the ferrets down the
rabbit burrows, the ferrets chase the rabbits out of the burrows into
cages, then the rabbits are tranported to the 'countryside.'  She was
really interested to see how popular ferrets were in England.

I have a question about ferret types/colors.  Sarah, my ferret, is a silver
mitt, she turns white in the winter, but otherwise is a normal silver mitt
color.  The other day I ran into someone in my building who has a beautiful
ferret.  She was also a silver mitt (said the owner), but didn't really
look at all like Sarah.  She was closer to a grey/white color with longish
hair that was really soft, she also had kind of a mane around her face, and
her face was a little flatter than Sarah's.  The owner said that he had
gotten her in Canada.  I was wondering if this was a particular Canadian
breed or if she just got a nice set of genes?

Thanks,
Caroline