Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:36:10 -0400
I have been to several vets and never had a problem with shots until the
last time.  Since the previous 3 vets gave the shots a week or two apart,
I assumed they all did.  But the fourth one I saw did not, and I didn't
know until it was over.  Rocky didn't get sick, but after the second shot
he screamed and lept out of the tech's hands and onto my head, totally
freaked out.  I was so upset for days because I didn't know this vet and
hadn't heard anything about him and felt it was my fault that Rocky got
hurt.  Rocky was fine by the time we got on the bus.  They seem to get
over things very quickly and don't hold it against you.  I never went
back to that vet again.

I was wondering if anyone knows, did this happen because the vet gave
both shots at the same time, or did he inject him improperly?

That experience really made me afraid of shots.  And now, though I like
my new vet a lot and he did a great job cleaning Rocky's teeth, he seems
to think that it's ok to give both shots at the same time, and he's only
out of vet school a couple of years, so I am concerned about how he'd be
as a surgeon.  I can't decide whether to go to yet another (who was
recommended) when Rocky is due.  I wish I could just find one who's good
and I can stick to and trust before Rocky gets any serious illness (which
seems inevitable with ferrets).

Shron & Rocky