From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 08:57:51 EST
    Just thought I'd drop a note to say that I am not as freaked out by
Cully and Amelia's introduction process as I was yesterday.  They are
showing more curiousity about each other instead of just blind hatred/ fear,
and I think things will be ok.  This morning they were both under the futon
couch in the living room-- the only sounds I could hear were both of them
digging away at the carpet.  Is this some sort of bizarre ferret bonding
ritual?  I guess it's worth losing the carpet if that's what it takes (how's
that for spoiled ferrets).

    The other thing I wanted to mention was about Cully's biting-- I just
had to share this.  The little monster will latch on to you and almost right
away start crying, so that you'll feel bad and not flick his nose or
chastize him.  I wonder if he was abused by that first owner as well as
neglected.  Anyway physical punishment is out of the question for him, so
it's time to stock up on the Bitter Apple...

Regina (OWWW!)
Cully (don't hurt me, don't hurt me, spoken thru a mouthful of leg)
Amelia (I'll hurt him if you'll just let me)