Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 19:26:53 -0500
What a lovely very warm summer day at the Bridge. SaraFerret is
relaxing in her hammie near de bridge entrance when all of a sudden
she hears de pitter-patter of four little feet. A ferret is crossing
de bridge. She gets up from de hammie and runs over to de entrance and
fixes herself as best she can. Dere he comes, a dark chocolate fuzzie
with freckles on his nose. trotting across with a heavy backpack.

He comes rights up to me and introduces himself, Hi, I am Bob. I guess
dat I has been sick, but I donts understand why I am here. I really
dont want to be here. Who are you? Where am I? Where is my human Mommy?

I finally gets a word in edgewise and says, Welcome Bob. Dis is de
Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your forever home now. You were so very sick and
it was time for you to move on to a place where there would be no pain
or suffering any more. Your time on earth is done. I am SaraFerret and
I am a bridgegreeter. Your human Mommy and Daddy one day in the future
will come across de bridge to join you, but not right now. You will
have to wait for a while.

(Well, needless to say Bob was a bit upset for a while, but after
chatting with me, he soon calmed down). I noticed Bob's heavy backpack;
Bob opened it uneasily. Do I have to give up de stuff inside, he said.
Nope, I replie, I am just nosey like any fuzzy. There in the backpack
was loads of CHEERIOS! Bob was so proud of those. (Not realizing that
the bridge has lotsa of cheerios already, oh but dats ok--ones from
home are so special).

Bob noticed the wings on my shoulders. What are dose funny things on
your back? They sure do look strange. Oh, they are to fly with, I said,
Much easier to cloud-hop with as you can see. Yeah, Bob said, I can see
how wings could make it easier to get around.

But how do I use dem. Oh, trust me, Bob, I says, your business and your
flight instructor will give you lessons.

So off we goes to de Wing House and opens de door and on de counter
dere was de big box (of course). Bob goes over to de box,opens it, and
takes out de wings. An iridescent shat of blue with black streaks thru
them--perfect for a dark chocolate fuzzy with freckles on his nose. I
helps him on with dem and fitted him with his new halo. He went over
to de vanity mirror and preened himself before his reflection. Gee, he
said, I wish Mommy could see me now. I was so sick and so tired when I
was last with them. Den I got an idea. Come wit me, Bob.

We wandered down de garden path toward de misting pond. Once dere, I
swished de water. Den Bob saw his Mommy and Daddy appear and dey had
tears in dere eyes. Hey Mom, I am doing real good now. I dont hurt. I
dont feel bads. I can run and play with de other fuzzies. Please dont
cry. Den Bob threw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with his love and
laid dem on a nearby shooting star which should soon reach you and
maybe one day he will visit you in a dream or you will see a spirit
dat reminds you of him. And with another swish, de vision disappeared.

We continued walking down de garden path to his cottage where he could
meet new friends and celebrate his Welcome to the Bridge Bob party dat
had been planned for him.

So ended another day at de bridge

Loveys and hugs
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter