Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:13:42 -0500
Today was a beautiful day at de bridge. SaraFerret was dozing in her
cottage when all of a sudden dere was a knock at her door. Isabel, one
of de orphan kits who had adopted SaraFerret as her Mommy, answered
de door. In flew Dexter, de little boy courier, SawaFewwet, dis is an
EMERGENCY. Dere is a fewwet getting weady to cwoss de bwidge wights now
and yous has gots to help him. Here is de note from de BOSS. You best
gets ups wights now or de BOSS will be weal upset with you. Here lets
me help yous up. (With a quick flip he bounces me out of my hammie.
Well I was wakes already, but dat got me really awakes). Ok Dexter,
now I am out of my hammie for sure. Now let me see de note. I reads de
note and turned to speak with Dexter. He had already flew off. (Smart
fuzzy--after de stunt of flipping my hammie; it was wise dat he took
off; I will talk with him later about dat). So I head off for de
entrance, note in hand.

Just in time! An elderly albino fuzzy with a very heavy backpack was
trying to make his way across de bridge. He stopped midway. (Oh I don't
like it when dis happens). I inches my way towards him and reaches out
my paw, saying Here hold onto me.

He glances around and says, I can't see you, I can hear you, where
are you?

Finally I just grabbed his paw and led him de rest of de way across
where he breathed a big sigh of relief.

Wow, he said, I got so scared out dere; you see I am blind and I
couldn't see anything and I could hear you and I felt so good when you
finally reached me. My name is Zaphod and I was staying with Daddy Jeff
and I had a cagemate name of Shaylee. I don't understand where I am or
what happens.

So I introduces myself, I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter.
Welcome to de Rainbow Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. A fuzzy's
life on earth may be short but when we are dere we are sposed to dance
with joy and when we can't do dat anymore, it is our time to begin our
bridge journey here. Here you will have no pain or suffering. You will
run on green grass forever, have no litter pans to mess with, lotsa
food and water, friends to play with, did I mention fun and games?

Den Zaphod just stood dere and said, but I can't see anything, so what
good will that all do me? Den all of a sudden: POOF! He looked around.
He could see at that moment. How did that happen, he asks? Oh, its just
one of dose things dat happen at crossings, I replys.

He just kept taking in all his surroundings for de longest time until
finally he notices my wings. What are dose things on your shoulders?

Oh these are wings. We need dem to fly about de clouds. Beats leaping
and bouncing over dem.

Do I get dose wings, he asks.

Of course, every fuzzy gets wings. But first whatever do you have in
dat heavy backpack you are carrying? (Unlike humans, fuzzies can take
it with dem--whatever dey can get into dere secret backpack dey can
haul across on dere bridge journey-reminds dem of home).

Zaphod looks at me and asks, Do I have to give dem up?

Of course no, I replys, I am just like any fuzzy, I am nosey. Out of
his secret backpack he took one little fuzzy red ball with a bell and
a rolled up ball of socks and he hugged dem to his chest and whispered
dey remind me of Daddy and home. No wonder he had such a heavy
backpack. Lotsa stuff.

So off we went down de garden path toward de Wing House. We opened de
door and on de counter was a big box (of course). He opened de box and
took out de wings--Blue with silver streaks. I helped him on with his
wings and adjusted his halo. He ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed
at his reflection. For de first time in his life he could see what he
actually looked like--his fur was fluffy as it was in de days of his
youth and he was indeed a handsome fuzzy. He turned to me and said, Gee
I wish Daddy Jeff and de others could see me now. Den I gots an idea.

We went out de door and down de path to de Misting Pond. Once dere we
sat down beside de cool clear water. With one swish Daddy Jeff and all
de fuzzies appeared. Zaphod thought he saw Daddy looking toward de sky
so he started waving and dooking. Hey Daddy, look at me with my wings.
I can see clearly now. I don't hurt anymore. Tell Shaylee not to cry,
I am fine. I am so happy with de time I spent with you. I love you. He
started throwing hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with his love and laid
dem on a nearby shooting star and sent dem on dere way to your house.
He made promises dat he would visit one day in a dream and you would
know by his musky scent or a scratchy whisker dat he had been dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

So off we went down de garden path toward his cottage. A welcome to de
bridge Zaphod banner was strung across de trees. A group of fuzzies
ran out to meet him: these were his family and friends who had made
their bridge journey before him. Oh wowsie, dere were slap tails and
high-fives all around. War dancings and big reunions and chatterings.
A big party was going on. I was invited, but I had to leave. Another
fuzzy was crossing de bridge.

So ended another day at de bridge.

Loveys and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter