From:
Shannon Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:47:46 -0700
I would just like to thank everyone who sent me information.  I have been
reading everything and have applied a lot to my little buddy.  As for my
pet ratty she died last week and will be sorely missed.  She developed
pneumonia and died very quickly.  The vet said that I did not have to worry
about Kodo getting sick.  I was so scared!!!  I had already lost one good
friend and then to have another get sick would have put me over the deep
end.

Well anyways back to my furry friend.  He is such a character.  I have been
letting him get used to the house (with supervision).  He has found trouble
everywhere.  I have four children and I think I may need to babyproof the
house just for him!  I have been taking him on little trips with us in the
car and he loves it.  I took him with me the other day to pick up my girls
at church and it took me an hour to get back to the car.  Everyone loves
him.

I have a question.  Do ferrets really cause allergic/asthma reactions in
people?  I had some people claim this.  I was just curious.

I went to a local feed store to see about getting him some food and the
owner said that she could order some every six weeks.  She already orders
some for the very small zoo here in town.  So I lucked out there.  I
haven't tried any treats yet.  He seems to eat enough on his own.  I
actually had someone tell me only to feed him once a day!!  I thought that
was pretty dumb.  He is growing like a weed and not getting fat so I think
I am doing fine.

The issue of ferrets in California is important to me.  I had a ferret when
I was about 12 and we moved to California from Montana.  And he got out of
his cage and ran around the neighborhood.  Well animal control was called
and they took him away.  I never really understood why until reading the
list discussion.  I do not think that my parents were even aware that there
would be a problem.  So what happens to ferrets that are "kidnapped" by the
authorities there?  Just curious.

Thanks again for all of the advice.

Shannon, my girls, and of course KODO.