From:
Shannon Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:33:47 -0700
Hello, I enjoy reading the post everyday.  My little fuzzy Kodo is turning
out to be a holy terror but makes our life very interesting.  I have tried
to give him little treats and he just doesn't seem to be interested?  Maybe
he is just full?  I am not sure.

I have been reading a lot about hairball remedies?  Are there special ones
just for ferrets?  And how often should I give it to him?  I am also taking
him in next week to have his second set of shots.  He had no reaction the
first time and seemed to be fine.  I am now worried about getting these
next set of shots.  What should I look for as far as side effects?

I used the advice on trimming his nails.  He was in high heaven when I put
the ferretone on his tummy!!!(:

I bought him a little squeaky toy and he didn't seem to like it at first
but then he was VERY mad at me for trying to take it away from him.  He is
just like a little kid when you try and take something away from him.  Only
he is faster and can hide really well.  The little snot hid my car keys
inside the couch the other day.  Try and explain to your boss that your
ferret hid you keys inside the couch and you had to cut open the couch in
order to get them out.  I also found a bunch of mismatched socks "hidden"
in there??  His latest little episode is to hide my daughters CD case(CDs
included) under the dresser.  He has also figured out that when he hears
the keys rattle to go hide quick or someone is going to grab him and put
him to bed!!  I am not sure about leaving him out while we are not home.
He seems to get stuck in things.  Okay I have to tell about when he got
into the can of powdered instant potatoes and came running out of the
pantry sneezing and completely white(he's a sable).  He avoided the pantry
for a few days after that episode.

And has anyone seen my pencils and pens?  I think he hid them somewhere??
He is such a little booger but we enjoy him so much.  I think that when
we get a larger house we are going to add a few more little fuzzys to our
family.  I have had a lot of cats and dogs but they cannot compare to a
ferret in my opinion.  He loves it when we come home and he is free to
escape his cage.

One last question.  Someone told me that ferrets are nocturnal?  I know
that they can sleep up to 16 hours a day.  I'm not sure if that would be
considered nocturnal though?  I think of bats and other animals that are
up all night and sleep all day?  Just curious on that one.  I get a lot of
weird advice and warnings about the little fuzzies and always check the
postings to see if the suggestions are true or just bogus.

Thanks for listening.

Kodo's person.
shannon