Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:15:48 -0500
Last night I let my critters out as usual.  Now I have a boy and a girl,
neither of which are vocal at all.

The female was quite rawled up and was just running all over.  The male
starting playing tag with her and they both starting nipping at each
other, playing around.  A little while later, I was in the restroom
trimming my eyebrows and I noticed that the female kept coming in and
burying her head under the rug.  She started making this noise that I
cannot describe.  I guess it is ferret talk!  Then the male would come up
behind her and get on top of her.  But nothing else occured.  She would
move along and a little while later she would repeat the same steps, bury
her head, make noises, and along comes the male on top.  Are they just
playing, or is this the mating call of the ferrets???  These are my first
two ferrets, so it is a learning experience EVERY day with them.  I luv
these guys!!

Thanks,
Tracy