From:
Kerry and Jeremy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 08:40:48 -0400
We were at the pet store yesterday speaking to the manager a very ferret
friendly and knowledgeable store and guy.  He told me that Hagen, a
Canadian Breeder is now desperately trying to breed ferrets of unusual
colours and markings.  He said he had a grey ferret and that they had
greyer ones coming to the stores.  I saw the grey kit and it is definitely
not silver it is grey a nice gunmetal grey ferret with no visible mask at
all.

Has anyone ever heard of grey ferrets before?  Or maybe they are just going
to turn into silver mitts when they grow up?

Also, ferret math struck my family, as a 13 week old female kit literally
dropped into our laps.  She has fit into the family like fingers in a
glove. :)  The as unnamed baby though has me wondering exactly what we
should call her, ie: sable, cinnamon ect.  So, please aid me with your
expertise.... she is very dark chocolate brown with a dark brown undercoat
and white paws, a white bib, no mask, a diamond (like horses have) on the
very top of her head, a blob of white on the middle of her belly and white
knees.  She also has a sprinkling of white hairs over her tail.  Very cute,
very charming little girl, who has stolen our fuzzies hearts, so she is
here to stay!!

Also, thank you all for the advice on Fozzie Bear's illness, he is on
prednisone and amoxicillin (almost done) and is doing excellent!  Our
wonderful vet, said she felt he had never fully recovered from a cold he
had three weeks before he got so lethargic.  All's well now and we are just
looking for something that can help Fozzie's immune system to get a boost,
he gets everything that is in the air.

Thanks Again,
Kerry and her FIVE frenzied fuzzies