From:
Dave Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:39:10 -0400
Alan Horne wrote:
>'I think Dave Les second letter is also compelling ... how 'bout we send
>those letters to Haveman again, only via the New York Times or some other,
>... Lansing papers, ya know, together with the signatures of everybody on
>the FML, or hell, concerned ferret owners everywhere?
>
>Also, Bob mentions a fellow named Johnson and another person named
>Strobinski.  I'm sorry to be so easily confused, but could somebody please
>make it plain which way it is - Mary Grace Strobierski or Mary Grace
>Strobinski - and who her boss is - James K Haveman or David R Johnson?

Thanks so much for your support.  I think having the letters go through the
"Times" is an excellent idea.  Does anyone have a contact?

IN TODAY'S DETROIT FREE PRESS (page 6b - State Dateline):
"Lansing Bill Would Help Save Ferrets
[Moderator's note: summarized above. BIG]

I would suggest writing to thank the Free Press for covering the story as
well as writing to thank Chris Dingell.

James K.  Haveman is the APPOINTED Director of the Michigan Department of
Community Health.  He is the person to contact.  David Hall is a doctor on
the people side of rabies in the MDCH who wrote to me in response to a
letter that I sent Haveman over a year ago.  His letter was a study in
rhetoric, old (ferrets) wive's tales, half truths, total lies, etc - a waste
of time to read ( I posted it last year in the FML).  Haveman runs the
department (I am still awaiting a recent response from him) he can act on
Stobierski.  If he doesn't, then I will go to Gov. Engler seeking a
responsible director for the MDCH!

The point for me posting my letters is to provide a basis for anyone who is
willing to write.  I asked that you employ your own style.  I am not asking
for, or looking for a critique.  I have been dealing with Stobierski
(correct spelling - Strobierski or Strobinski are the same person - just
spelled wrong) and Haveman (and Hall) for over a year.  Based upon MY
circumstances and the associated correspondence, I feel that my responses
ARE appropriate.  I am not asking anyone to endorse my style.  I only submit
my arguements in the hope that you will reformat them to whatever you feel
comfortable.

PLEASE WRITE!!!  I would much rather see 25,000 "wrongly" written letters
than 3 perfect ones.