From:
Tracy Navratil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:55:40 -0600
>i was wondering if anyone has a chart for the VET records for their
>ferrets.  IF anyone has some sort of "chart" they use to make it easier on
>them about vaccinations and such could you either e-mail it to me or send
>through the mail?

Katie, I have a chart that is about the size of a pamphlet that I use for
my ferts each time I take them in for their shots.  I got it from my vets
office.  They fill it out right there...they put the date, what type of
shot was administered and if any had a reaction to their shots.  There are
a lot of lines so it will last a couple of years and I keep each ferts
records in a file folder.  At the beginning of the year - I put all the
dates down on a calendar in my home as a reminder when the shots are due.
Check with your vet - they usually have these small charts for cats & dogs.

>I was playing with my ferrets on the floor and all of a sudden my fiance
>"passed gas" from the kitchen in the tone of a bugle...Normally would think
>nothing of it, but Chimi and Pepe stopped in mid action, lifted their heads
>in Loch Ness Monster style and went running to the kitchen to find the call
>of the wild...I was in tears...my fiance couldn't help but laugh when these
>little inquisitive faces looked at him..."What daddy??"...I hope these boys
>never get lost and we have to resort to such measures to get them to come
>out of hiding.

Stephanie - I was at work when I read your post and I was laughing so hard
I thought I was going to pee my pants!  I can relate all to well!  My ex
was not shy about passing gas at any time....and to see the looks of the
ferts faces, stopped dead in their tracks, and noses in the air was
absolutely priceless!  I'm glad that we can share what would be otherwise
embarrassing & silly stories with other fert folks who can relate and
appreciate them. :-)

>Does anyone have a ferret with a preferance for a certain toy?

Mine love to play with a battery operated mouse (about the size of a
fert)...it moves along the floor (not on carpet) and when it hits something
it backs up and goes the other way.  The wheels underneath make a weird
noise so I think that fascinates them.  Whenever they hear it start up they
all come running, each trying to take it off to their hidey holes.  I got
it from K-Mart.  I also got a stuffed animal called a "Chitterbug" ...it
looks like a "cootie bug" and makes different chittering noises each time
you press it's stomach.  They come in different bugs and colors - they love
it - I got it at Wal-Mart.  Their all time favorite is still the beach
towel dragged along the floor while I hold it and they all try to climb
up it and wrestle with each other as they fall down the towel.

Happy dookin'
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe' and Spunky