Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 22:19:10 EDT
First I apologize that I did not get back to all of you yesterday.

Thank you Paula for the invaluable Insurance Information - it has helped so
much!!!

So many of you have either called the AGEDOG1 or E-Mailed regarding the
situation regarding Mary Ann and the Tradegy - Thank you!

Mary Ann mentally is not doing well at all, the deaths of her ferret
children has taken quite a toll on her emotional and mental state.  The loss
of her children, her home, and all that she had in the fire on Sunday April
5th 1998 -well it's been bad.

Good News!  Mary Ann's insurance agent came and gave her a check for
temporary housing and today Mary Ann rented a furnished mobile home.  Also
the Eckerds Pharmacy in conjunction (spelling) with her doctors were able
to figure out what medication she was on so she has medication.

Also the personnel of Westside Animal Hospital (this is where Mary Ann's
Ferret were medically treated) have not only taken up a monetary fund for
her - they have also gathered up basic items such as towels, wash cloths,
salt and pepper shakers, a set of dish's - (the very basic stuff) these
will be delivered by this Sunday to Mary Ann.

We talk to Sue Thomas (our contact near Mary Ann) at least two times each
day.  From the reports we have gotten three things are clear.  !. Mary Ann
is still in shock  2. Mary Ann, has acknowledged the fact that Sprite, Rody,
Deria, and Spike have gone to the rainbrow bridge (we are not sure that she
accepted this at this time).  3. She is aware that Ferret Friends from the
FML are endevoring to assist her.

At this juncture I just don't know what to tell you all.  So many of you
have sent E-Mails and yesterday I sent them by Snail Mail to Sue Thomas to
give to Mary Ann.  Sue received them today.  Also I had received E-Mails
from many of you today and I sent them Snail Mail immediately as I receive
them.  Sue is taking them to Mary Ann.  As I receive the E-Mails I put them
directly into an envelope and mail them out.

Once again I ask all ferret friends to send letters or cards of condolence
regarding Mary Ann's Ferrets who passed in this tradegy to:

Mary Ann Staffire
%Sue Thomas
5768  NW 149th Terrace
Okeechobee, FL  34972

In loving memory of Spike, Deria, Rody and Sprite Staffire.

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International

P.S. Thank the powers that be that there are people like Sue Thomas and so
many others out there who can be on site or in an area where disaster or
tradegy strikes and help people such as Mary Ann.