From:
Valerie Horan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:20:44 -0500
Hello everyone!  Just like Lisette said earlier, I don't know how Norm and
the gang does it!  I volunteer on Sundays, and every week I go there are
a new batch of kids in addition to the regulars that need loving!  I went
a couple of weeks ago on a Tuesday to help out, and Norm was the only
working at the shelter.  A 110+ ferrets and Norm was the only one in
there cleaning water bottles, scooping litter boxes, feeding etc.  He is
such a great man!  He is soooo dedicated to these little creatures!

I really hope and pray everyday that some of the kids that have made it
on my "very special" in need of a home list please get adopted!  Otherwise
I feel they are bound to come to my house some day!  And I am already up
to my ears in ferret poop!  Mitch (my boyfried) keeps joking with me that
he is going to have to give up the bedroom and go live in the basement,
so I can knock out the wall and expand our ferret room into the bedroom!
Please people don't make me resort to this..Go adopt some fuzzies...If you
don't do it for me, do it for Mitch, who doesn't want to go live in the
basement!  :)

There are soo many in need of loving!  Carlos who is just the sweetest
Sable boy in the whole wide world!  Angel, another sable who would love a
home!  Max and Jimbo....Max is a big sable boy, and Jimbo who is also a
very handsome big boy!  Or how about Frosty?  I belive he is a silver
mitt...Bianca and Kendal, two sweet, sweet girls!  Scooby, Thelma, and
Daffnie, three kids that came to the GCFA through the animal welfare
league, the girl who brought them in couldn't even remember their names!
The whole past was thrown away, they have nothing not even their names!
Wouldn't it be great to make a story for them?  Or better yet how about
all of the sweet kids that are older and little sick and would LOVE to
live out their lives in a loving foster home!  They ask for nothing but
your love!

Wouldn't it be great to make a story for all of these ferrets that I
listed and all of the ones I haven't listed?  Instead of them being the
ferrets that came to the GCFA and never got adopted..They where really
sweet but no one could find enough love in their hearts to give them a
place to call home!  Why not start a story for them, like my two, Peanut
and Sweet man Charlie Brown!  Their story starts like this..They came to
the GCFA in June of 2001...Then in June of 2002 a girl named Valerie was
cleaning litter boxes while volunteering at the the GCFA...She saw Charlie
and picked him up to give him a kiss and he returned the kiss!  Kisses
all over the cheeks and lips!  That was it Sweet man and his sister where
coming home with Valerie!  Peanut is also the sweetest little spit fire
girl!  She has adrenal but she does not that slow her down!  In one tube
out the other!  Bald little tail sticking out of the hammock!  Charlie
will just follow you around and around until you give him some of his
"special" food!  Then he closes his eyes and enjoys it to the bowl is
litterely licked clean!  He then takes his little dirty chin and rubs it
all over your clean shirt!  Then gives you the biggest thank you kiss, and
curls up on your chest and falls asleep!  This post is bringing tears to
my eyes, just thinking that they might not have been able to enjoy this
life if it wasn't for me taking them home, and that there are so many
other kids in the shelter just begging for this life and a place to call
home!  PLEASE I beg you if you have any more room in your hearts, please
call the GCFA and set up a appointment to 'adopt some love!"

The great things about these kids are they love you unconditionally, where
can you ever find that?  On bad days they make you smile, on good days you
can share the smiles!  If every other person who belonged to the GCFA or
is in the Chicagoland area found enough room in there hearts and cages to
take one more baby, the shelter would be cleared out!  I know we can make
this dream a reality!  All we need is a little help!

All the information you need on the GCFA is at www.gcfa.com Go check it
out!  Mitch and I are begging you too!  The shelter ferrets listed are
just the begging too!

Valerie, Mitch, Rocky Samantha Roxie (gcfa kid), Marvin, Eugene, Sable,
Matilda (gcfa kid), Fivel, Sweet Man Charlie Brown and Peanut (gcfa kid),
Scooby (gcfa kid), CoCo, Angel, Huey, and Rue!

***Have you snuggled your ferret today?***