From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 01:57:24 -0400
Chere McCoy, [log in to unmask], asked me to forward this wonderful message
to the entire FML.

The Ferret Friends of Indian River County International with Ferret Camp of
St. Lucie County (Ferret Camp is one of the FFIRCI Shelters Half-way
House), had a "Ferret Pow-Wow" Barbecue on Sunday 21, 1997.  We had put out
a small newsletter about the Pow-Wow telling members about our horrendous
Vet Bill and how we wanted everyone to come and help support the Shelter
Ferrets as the Vet bill was so high.  We added in the newsletter the address
of the FFIRC Shelter Ferrets Vet in case people wanted to send money
directly to the Vet.

Mike Kamp was Chef of the Burger, Dogs, and Veggie Burgers, Lynn Camp was
the queen of potato Salad, Carmel Cake and Peanut Butter Cake.  Sue Lyons
handled three types of Salads, and I brought of the rear with Chips, Dip and
Cola.

We held the raffle and sold $100 in tickets.

Lynn Camp and I gave a talk on the upcoming shedding season and keeping your
ferret smelling sweet.

Near the end of the meeting Dr. Brenda Ernest (our Ferret Shelter Vet) Gave
me an envelope.  And as I said to those attending the meeting "Ah, our
latest bill," the room was rather somber.  Those at the meeting became quite
concerned when I began to cry and shoved the letter at Lynn Camp saying,
"You read this; I can't." Lynn couldn't read it either as she became
tearful.  Dr. Ernest took the letter and this is what it said:

Dear Chere,
An anonymous donation was made to Ferret Friends in the name of Princess
Diana and Steve Claire.  This was a very special person who made this
donation and Ferret Friends is extremely fortunate to have such a benefactor.

It was signed Brenda J. Ernest, D.V. M. and dated 9/20/97

attached to the letter was our current Billing and this is how it read:

PREVIOUS BALANCE               $580.41
PAYMENT                        $580.41

BALANCE DUE                    $000.00

The meeting room went wild.

I don't know who made that donation but, whoever you are, all the Ferret
Friends of Indian River County International deeply appreciate your
kindness.  From all the Ferrets of the FFIRCI Shelter and Half-way House,
Kissy Face, and Choks of thanks

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International