From:
DOUGLAS SCHOLTES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 11:32:40 -0500

>     Last night my wife woke up to the sound of one of our ferrets
> (a neutered male albino named Puck) screaming.  When she got to the cage,
> he was stiff as a board and appeared to be having some type of
> convulsions; he did not respond at all to being talked to or held.
My buddy Nick died last Thanksgiving week and had the same symptoms
I took him to the vet a couple of times, but the vet couldn't figure out
his problem until he had a few seizures. He checked his blood and found
a high conc of urea. This piled up and pretty much causes their brains
to freeze up and the seizures to occur from what I can gather. I would have your
vet check his blood. By the time it occurred to my vet it was too late.
Hope this helps Puck get better. I didn't get a chance to see what kind of
treatment could have made him better. Mine fell asleep fairly quickly after
 the attack. I'd assume it burns up quite a bit of energy for the little
 fellas.

Good Luck Steve and Colleen. Hope Puck gets well soon. Let us know it goes

Doug and Pauly