From:
Win Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:30:08 EDT
It's that time of year again and the Detroit zoo is having their "Meet
Your Best Friend At The Zoo " program at the zoo.  It all happens this
weekend in the zoo parking lot.  They adopt out around 850 homeless
animals (Dogs, Cats, Bunnies, even Ponies Horses and other animals but
not Ferrets) twice a year.

Here is the problem.  The Zoo director, Ron Kagan, will not allow any
ferret organization to have a table to had out literature and information
about ferrets let alone have any live ferrets there.  He is against
having ferrets as pets.  He doesn't understand that there are still
ferrets out there that need a loving and caring home regardless of how
he feels about them.

I don't know if contacting the zoo will do any good but give it a try
anyway.  I have been hounding them every year for the past three and have
had no success in changing Ron Kagan's mind.  I have written letters and
sent emails but have never received a reply.

Their published email address is [log in to unmask] and their website is
www.detroitzoo.org

I hope everyone that has ferrets will email Ron and tell him how they
feel about ferrets and how they feel about his opinion.

I Owe these little ones a great deal.  Win and the horde of 9.