From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:55:29 EDT
>I am also curious about this FERRETS 2000.  What is it.

    Ferrets 2000   *   Be there or be square :-)
    See www.ferretaid.org for exact details

Toronto, Sept 14-17
Thurs eve Sept 14: Meet and Greet at The Ferret and Firkin pub
Friday morning 9/15: Trip to the Zoo and Black Footed Ferret display
       (spend the afternoon at the Zoo or exploring Toronto)
Friday evening: Free to explore Toronto
Saturday 9/16: Guest speakers Dr. Bruce Williams, Bob Church & Dr. T.
       Willard (master of Ceremonies Bill Gruber of the Ferret Mailing List)
Sunday 9/17: Breakfast and speakers from shelters Troy Lynn Eckart and
       Randy Belair.

...plus lots of wonderful FML people and good food too!

 ***
>Familiars can be evil (as in the case of the black cat that accompany
>witches on their broomsticks)

then again, there are those of us who think of black cats and witches as
*good* :-) (along with the guardian angels too of course)

 ***
re: Ferretstock
>I'm bringing their food and even some water from home in a bottle in case
>they don't like New Hampshire water for some silly reason.

it's always a good idea to bring your own water for ferrets when traveling
whenever possible

>Also bringing proof of vacinations just to be on the safe side (paranoid
>aren't I?)

no!  not paranoid at all--most ferret events will NOT let your ferrets in
without proof of current (within past year) vaccination for rabies and
distemper!

 ***
Ferretstock should be a lot of fun!!  Those FerretWise folks (and ferrets)
really know how to throw a party!!

 ***
Re: nametags at Ferrets 2000 (or Ferretstock)
I like the idea of people having their email name on their nametag...

Ronnie