From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 22:30:02 -0400
I hope BIG will allow this message as it may appear to be a bit of an ad,
but it's really just a cry for much needed help for our shelter and
certainly not a profit making venture.

Our shelter, the South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.  (a 501(C)3
not-for-profit corp.) is in dire need of funds but this is NOT a plea for
money.

With a current ferret population of 120+ in the president's home and a
recent (it began in February) plague of ECE that swept through the shelter,
finances are in a shambles.  During the hight of the ECE disaster, 25
bottles of pedialyte along with 75 pounds of litter was used per day.  Top
that off with 10 cans of A/D diet and 10 jars of baby food 2 to 3 times a
day and assorted other supplies and you can imagine the expense.

We're doing all we can think of to raise money for the shelter.  No, I'm not
going to ask for money, but that certainly wouldn't be turned down.

One of our fund raising plans is to produce a recipe book.  WE NEED YOUR
FAVORITE RECIPES.  It would be nice if the recipe had a ferret flavored name
(Ferret Fondue, etc.) but that's not really necessary.  Your recipe would be
published in the book along with your name (or your ferret's name if you
prefer) for all the world to see.

We're also thinking of having a section in the back for recipes for ferrets
(duck soup, etc.) so if you have a special diet for special cases, it'd be
nice to get those too.

Please send me ANY recipe you'd care to donate to the cause via email.
Please don't clog the list (or newsgroup where this is crossposted) with
recipes.

Over 120 surviving ferrets (16 died) would be forever grateful.

  Mike  ([log in to unmask])

P.S.  Just when we thought it was over... a ferret that came in to the
shelter the other day has developed ECE.  Your prayers for an end to this
horrible disease would be appreciated.