From:
"F. Scott Giarrocco" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:45:59 EDT
>...now I need to find out if I really will be sued for the old vet
>misdiagnosis and would love to speak to my old vet and not the
>receptionist about why I am disputing his bill..

Yes, you can, and most probably, will be sued if you don't pay the
outstanding balance of the bill from the first vet.  If you really want
to speak to the vet and explain why you are disputing his bill, you need
to make copies of your documentation of his misdiagnosis from the second
vet and visit him in person.  Or, you can put everything in writing to him
and send him a letter explaining your position.  Include the documentation
from the other vet.

You can chose to not pay the balance of the bill and wait to be served
with a notice of the lawsuit.  Remember, when you lose in court, you will
not only pay the vet's bill, but all court costs.

The other option is to pay the bill in full and then sue the vet for your
loss.  Once again, you will need documentation from the second vet that
there was a misdiagnosis.

Good luck.

FSG