From:
Beverly Burge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 1997 10:47:56 +0000
Shalom All - Well, only one more week until EB's babies will go to their new
homes.  (Contingent on the arrival of the distemper vaccine, cause nobody
leaves without their first shot.) EB is scheduled for her spay next month.
Gods, it's gonna be quiet, but much cheaper..... Seven kits sure do eat a
ton!  Thanks to all of you for your advise and moral support.

Corey: Have you done an allergy check?  I also get autumn allergies and it
has nothing to do with the ferrets.  If it is something growing seasonally,
that would also explain why you get worse when you are with the ferrets
outside.  I think that if you were allergic to the ferrets, it would be a
constant.  Might be wise to have a patch check before you try long distance
medicine.

Matthew: Instead of pine shavings try just plain old black and white only
newspaper.  I use a combination of that and astroturf cut to size.  It is
easy to change daily and washes up quickly.  Saves money too, because it
lasts for ages

Take care all,

Beverly Burge
Zoological Assistant - Jerusalem Biblical Zoo
Phone:02-675-0111 Fax: 02-6430122