From:
Tikki Mite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 19:10:47 EST
Ok, so I fell for it again.  This time DJ got me.  Scenario is that I have
16 fuzzbutts running.  Time to put them to bed so I can run into town.  Lo
and behold no fuzzies in sight, all have gone to their favorite hidey holes
to snooze.  Ok, no problem, Mom knows just where to look.  Dad helps.  Got
all but the last 2.  Dad pulls DJ and Hot Shot from their sleeping spot.
Dad hands Mom a very limp DJ.  No problem at first until DJ does not rouse
at all.  (Not normal for her) Body toatlly limp, no signs of breathing and
no noticeable heartbeat.  Head flops around as if neck is broken.  Dad turns
3 shades of white and Mom begins to panic.  Mom then holds DJ up just under
her front legs and body dangles.  DJ then peeps through one eyelid.  Mom
then snuggles DJ and begins to laugh all the time Dad still thinks DJ is
dead.  Mom reassures Dad DJ is fine about the time she rolls over in Mom's
arms and looks around like where's the fire, what's the fuss about?  I swear
she was laughing at us.

My Tikki has done this to us several times but DJ never has.  SHe usually
rouses fairly quick.  Talk about total relaxation, it is incredible.  Just
as if all of their bones have turned to liquid.  Nothing like a ferret to
get your adrenalin flowing and your heart breaking and then into hysterics
all in just a few minutes.  What would we do without them?  :-D

Terry and the Nifty 19