From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 21:30:01 -0400
Dear Kim:

Adrenal cryosurgery in ferrets is a fairly new development - only being
used for a year or so.  Dr. Charlie Weiss was the first to use this
technique widely, and he has made the technique available in a video
Common Ferret Surgical Procedures - Insulinoma and Adrenal Disease,
available for sale on his web site:
http://www.ferretdoctor.com/video.html

He has also published his findings in the following articles:

Cryosurgery of the Ferret Adrenal - Exotic DVM Magazine, 1(5), 1999,
p. 27 and 28    and
Cryosurgery Therapy of Hyperadrenocorticism in Ferrets - Vet Forum, 42-44.

It may not fit a strict definition of peer-reviewed, but the technique has
certainly been widely publicized.

Unfortunatley, I cannot speak to complications associated with the
procedure, but Charlie has told me that they are considerably lower than
traditional surgical techniques.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM