From:
Bill Pelfrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:58:37 EST
I am thinking of building a new cage for my fuzzies, They have lived all
their lives (I have only had them a few months) in a small 24"X24"X18" cage
for the two of them, it is a very nice cage, made for the previous owner by
someone from the GDFA, but I would like for them to have a little more room.
I thought it would probably be cheaper to build rather than buy, but I am
having a couple of problems.

1.  Supplies - Where can I get the nice coated wire in a small mesh?  All I
have been able to find is 2"X3" mesh and that won't do any good.

2.  I also wondered what people do for the bottoms, the current cage has a
wire floor, and a tray underneath, this works well I would like to do this
and then carpet over the wire, but I like the way the cage sits down into
the tray so that it catches things from spilling out.  Where can a person
get these plastic trays?

Also if anyone has any suggestions or ideas they would be very much
appreciated.

thanks,
Bill (Lex and Gidget)