From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 09:48:38 -0500
>From:    Ruby Supe <[log in to unmask]>
>
>What do you guys really think of vaccinating ferrets?  I have just met for
>the first time someone who is against vaccinations, they claim they have
>been to 2 knowledgeable (as knowledgeable as you can get in some parts of
>Florida) vets who convince them that they don't need vaccines for their
>ferrets and that the shots they get as babies are good enough....

You mention Florida.  Well, the law in Florida requires that they be
vaccinated for rabies every year, so there isn't room for argument there.
In the case of distemper, they only get one at the farm.  You have to get
two more before you can consider it immune.  No one is sure just how long
the immunity last, but everyone knows that distemper is the most aweful
disease.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you always use tape to hem your pants.