From:
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 12:03:30 -0400
Well, it's taken me a lot of time to settle in here but i've finally done
it.  i have my very own ferretone pool to do with as i please!  of course
i share and have parties in my pool all the time.  i'm not gonna say
whose ferrets drink the most up here, cuz they'll kill me!  i will say
tho...Poppy, Ziggy, Lightening, Sabrina, Guinness, Binkley, Jenna, Mitzy,
Mouse, Spanky, Pepsi, White Russian, Sigmund, Merlin, Chewy, P.J, Stinki,
Sasha, Daisy, Mort, Warp, Booger, Norton....and, yup, Sandee.....you
ferrets are lushes!  AND mommie's ferrets......well, they drink us all
under the pool!  (ok, so i am a tattle tail AND i drink with the best of
'em <grin> )

i've been watching over mommie and all the volunteers at the shelter.
they are all still really sad.  i still see mommie crying all the time.
she's still trying to answer all the e-mails and she does a few every day.
i also see my friend, Shiloh.  please don't cry for me.  i'll love you
forever.  Lilly, be strong for your mommie, she still needs you.  Sonja,
your mommie & daddy need you to be strong for your surgery (please don't
bite my nose off) and Tori, keep fighting, i know you can do it!

We have a new ferret up here with us.  Her name is Shoe (don't ask, it
was auntie Paige's choice!) Shoe lived with auntie Paige.  She was too
weak to go to the shelter so auntie Paige took her under her wing and
loved her like her own.  Shoe had a tuff life but now she is running and
playing and swimming in my Tone pool!  Auntie Paige, what's this i hear
you told Shoe not to take any crap from me????  Would i ever harass
another ferret???  <evil grin>

It was very nice of aunties Amy & Julie to nominate me to welcome ferts
like Sandee does, but Sandee does a great job and i'm not real good with
that kind of responsibility.  i'm just a drinking, frolicking bachelor,
friend to everyone up here.  (ok.....so they call me the trouble maker)
we're all having a lot of fun together and you need not worry about any of
your ferrets or other kids up here cuz we all stick together and have fun
and since Sandee welcomes the new kids already, i can just play with 'em.

Over the last couple of weeks, the shelter took in a lot of kids.  Dawn,
Tara & Xander came in with Loki, the 6 year old, Kujo and Sally came in
and they are real young!  Chudleigh came back in as well.  And mommie is
taking in 2 on the weekend!  Hannah, our beloved "mommie" type ferret who
is 5, was adopted this week.  We're all so happy for her!  Also, Chyna
went to a great home as well.  She was our other 5 year old kid.

We got the results from the Toonie Drive at Pride and we raised almost
$2,000!!!  This means we'll get half of that to the shelter!  Thanks to
all our volunteers who braved the heat and crowds to help raise this
money.

I watched over all the volunteers at Pride and they marched with my photo
reading "In Memory Of Harley "Bug".  so many people ran up to mommie and
the other volunteers in shock that i crossed the Bridge, but i'm here to
say i'm doing great and having fun!!!!!!

Miss you all!
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"