Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 11:57:23 EST
I'm glad that Judy Cooke and Georgia (the left coast one) wrote in to
support Anne.  Truthfully, two months ago I purchased a blood glucose
meter.  I've got several shelter and personal ferrets with insulinoma.  I
know them so well that I can recognize when their blood sugar drops, but
wanted to be more exact for the vet.  For two months I've been afraid to
use it.  The thought of hurting the little guys is just too much for me.
I was beginning to think I wasted my money.  But your right, medical care
is painful sometimes.  Getting blood from any creature isn't a picnic.  So
I just have to get my nerve up.

Faith