From:
Randy Nieland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 10:51:48 CST
FML'ers,

    I have been a lurker for quite a while now.  I read the FML
religiously and enjoy all of the stories.  I just got a kitten for my
girlfriend's birthday and to double as a playmate for my 'kids' Kaido and
Denali.  I do have one question though.  Denali, my sable male, got a hold
of a tube of Vaseline a couple of days ago.  He decided he liked the
contents and proceeded to empty the tube.  He figured out that if he
stepped on it, this weird goop oozed out presenting itself for consumption.
 Well, when that didn't work anymore, he chewed the end off and licked out
as much as he could before I caught him and confiscated it.  Needless to
say his system has been a little on the loose side for the last couple of
days which required cage duty for about 23 hours a day.  He seems no worse
for wear, but he probably, as most ferrets, has not learned that the
strange goop really cleans him out well.  I am wondering if this was really
bad for him and could possibly have caused serious damage.    He's eating
and drinking normally, stools are, of course, loose, but otherwise normal.
He's also acting as his usual troublesome self.  Just wondering.

    The kitten, Jovian, is keeping the ferrets on their toes.  Everytime
one comes near, she swats at them.  The female ferret, Kaido, seems to be
content and the two will actually play together now and then.  Jovian was
actually letting Kaido groom her last night... great picture!  The male
still doesn't want anything to do with the cat though.  Any suggestions for
getting them to make peace?  I supervise them constantly when their
together to make sure that they don't hurt each other, but they just don't
want to play nice in the sandbox.

    A happy holidays to all ferret lovers in Furo-land, and my best wishes
for speedy recoveries to those that are ill.   I have been there myself and
know how hard it can be.

                        Randall S. Nieland
                        Cpl                  USMC

**  If you are losing your leisure, look out!  You are losing your soul. **
                                  - Logan Pearsall Smith
Original Text...
[ The entire FML #1050 followed this note - please be careful.  BIG ]