Nilsa Virella <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:24:36 EDT
Hello again FML'rs :
It's been a while since I posted, due to the new addition of ( Simba) to the
rest of the family ( Bambi , nichi, and Rambo .) Well my little one only 7-
8 weeks then , was a carrier of ECE .  I have been so busy taking care of
these babies ,, and I got stressed out .

It took about 2 weeks 1/2 to get them to eat on their own .  They lost a lot
of weight ,, 2 of them were hospitalized , in other words ,, for few days I
almost regretted buying my little Simba .  Well , now that everyone is doing
better ,, and they are back to eating and playing ,, It was time to
introduced Simba to the gang .  This week was the dreadful event ,, Oh boy
did I forget what was like ,, they did what you know they do when there's a
new one in the house.

Simba even pooped himself ,, ( just that once ) The first day was the worst
on my opinion ,, I was shaking so bad,, I was watching so close and braking
them every so often for timeouts They checked out his cage , they refuse to
eat where he has eating ,, but they will pooped his cage .  ( Except nichi ,
she doesn't care one way or the other ) in fact Simba beats the crap (
playing ) of course out of nichi .

Rambo , he's 2 years old , he NOW seems to be somewhat friendlier with him
,,but watches like a hawk the new one , and sometimes they go at it .  But
,,, Bambi ( the older one ) she's about 1 pd.  1/2 " she lost a lot of
weight because of the ECE " She is very VOCAL and goes after him like a
bullet .  She cries when she 's the one attacking the new one ?  I remember
her doing that when Rambo was introduced,, Simba is now 3 mo.  old BUT the
vet told me he is big for his age.  He has gained a lot of weight since I
got him .  He has huge paws , and weights about 3 pds.  He eats like
nobody's bissness .  And plays like no tomorrow .  If it was up to him he
wouldn't sleep , he'd be up playing all day and night .

The other ones are very active too , but after an hour of play , they go to
sleep,, in their new bed that I bought them .  I haven't had time to potty
train the new one yet or to teach him how to ROLL over like the others , but
I will as soon as they become better friends .  I have to supervise every
encounter EVERY ONE OF THEM .  Because Simba is now giving them a front .
He is defending himself .

My little Simba is very messy eating and sinks his WHOLE FACE in the water
bowl .... he almost takes a bath in this BOWL .  I remember the other ones
doing the same thing when they were younger too .

I know it will be a matter of time before they get along .  I have a
question for anyone who could answer : WHY IS IT THAT , they seem to love my
husband more than anything on this world ?  My husband don't do anything for
them ?.... other than play and give them treats ,,, BUT SO DO I !!  When my
husband comes home IT'S THE 4 TH OF JULY for the ferrets why ?  I bend over
backwards for my babies ,, I must confess , I even bought them ( baby
blankets ) for the winter <G> And what NOT !  everything the best for my
little ones !  And yet ,, hubby comes home and he gets the attention and
puppy eyes you wouldn't believe !!  from these weasels .

I'm jealous,,:(

Well got to go for now ..!!  till next time stay healthy everyone !
Owned by Rambo - Bambi - nichi- and now Simba the majesty .