From:
Katherine Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 3 May 1994 10:05:49 -0400
Troy Lynn Eckart --

So glad to see you on the FML -- guess you got your own account sooner
than you anticipated!  Good for you!

I got your package -- thanks much -- I have an additional clarification
from my wizop and will pass that on tonight (I hope).  I'm also looking
over the rabies material you sent, and will get comments to you soon.

Charles Voelkel --

The post-bath behavior you describe is pretty common among ferrets, right
down to the tail-puffing.  Bathing upsets their equilibrium, dontcha know!
:-) We've taken away their nice comfy smell, and replaced it with the
smell of ACK!!! SHAMPOO!!  We've come to expect the Great Ferret Wig-out
after baths, so we give them lots of towels to roll around in, and keep
them confined to the bathroom until they calm themselves down, after
running amok for awhile, and grooming themselves frantically.  Hope you
find this reassuring.

Tim Keeter --

Besides talking to California ferret owners (who presumably may contact
you privately), I would recommend contacting the California Domestic
Ferret Association at 707-431-2277 or 1-800-FERRETW.  Address is P.O. Box
1868, Healdsburg, CA 95448,

or Ferrets Anonymous, 619-497-1085, address P.O. Box 3395, San Diego, CA
92163.

I don't envy the position you are in.  Personally I would NOT move to
California with ferrets, and I would tell any potential employers the
reason why.

Someone asked yesterday about why he was still hearing that ferrets were
still illegal in CA -- that's because they ARE still illegal in
California!  The bill to legalize them DID NOT PASS.  All the details are
in FMLs from March and April, including lists of the assembly members who
voted against the bill or did not vote.

Katie Fritz
CompuServe Small Mammals Section (S11) Co-Leader, Pets/Animals Forum
Internet: [log in to unmask]   CompuServe: 71257,3153