Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:43:56 -0500
Hi all this is SaraFerret's Mommy. I received these prayers in today's
mail from a dear person. BIG, I hope you will permit this to be
published on the FML. I truly feel it will help all of us here. So
often we are being faced with anxiety over finances, ferret deaths,
and our own fears. A few months ago, I faced death and I found that
yes, it can be a bit fearsome at times, but sometimes it helps to have
a bit of help with a prayer by our side. This is from some one who was
looking forward to retirement and then found that he had Parkinsons.
Not a happy outlook. But he published this in our monthly bulletin.
Hopefully this will bring some solace and peace to Jean and some others
here. Since I will be facing surgery soon it is helping me. The first
paragraph is his comments the rest is the two prayers. Substitute any
other name for God you wish.

"Basically, it's about control. We all like to be or believe we are in
control of our lives. And then something comes along that reminds us
that we are not really in control. Oh, we can control some things (our
reactions), but in the end, events occur over which we have little
control. In these first few days of dealing with my situation I have
found two prayers to be of help."

Loving God, who created the worlds and breathed into humankind the
breath of life, use your creative energy once again to bring life and
health to my body.

Calm my fears and remind me that I am secure in your love. Bless all
those who care for me and use them as instruments of your healing
power. When I grow anxious, remind me that all things are under your
control and that your grace is sufficient for my every need.

Be at peace. Do not look forward in fear to the changes of life, rather
look to them with full hope as they arise. God, whose very own you are,
will deliver you from out of them. He has kept you hitherto, and He
will lead you safely through all things; and and when you cannot
stand it, God will bury you in His arms. Do not fear what may happen
tomorrow; the same everlasting Gather who cares for you today will
take care of you then and every day. He will either shield you from
suffering or will give you unfailing strength to bare it. Be at peace
and put aside all anxious thoughs and imaginations.

Hugs and peace to all.

SaraFerret's Mommy