From:
Sylvia Baggett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:49:06 -0400
In an interesting article about the Animal Medical Center in NY (Smithsonian
magazine, October 1996, page 36), there appears the following passage on
page 44 describing the exotic pets they treat: "About 60 percent of the
unit's patients are birds; 20 percent are ferrets, guinea pigs and other
rodents; and the other 20 percent are reptiles, the newest fad." The
magazine has a WWW site for letters to the editor:

       http://www.smithsonianmag.si.edu/smithsonian/feedback.html

or they can be reached via email at

For snail mail, their address is

       Editor, Smithsonian Magazine
       900 Jefferson Drive, SW
       Room 1301
       Washington, DC   20560

We've sent them a message expressing our views along with a suggestion that
they publish an article about ferrets, their history, and their legal status.

Wayne and Sylvia Baggett