From:
Melissa Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 21:33:40 -0500
If you live in the GTA, please consider signing a petition to prevent the
new list of banned animals from the GTA.

No, ferrets aren't on it, but considering how often ferrets are vilified in
local law, there is a chance it could be revised after it goes into commity
to include them.

SOME animals included are:
Chinchillas
Hedgehogs
Turtles
Boas
Tarantulas

Many reptiles are to be illegal too, and the bylaw contains the words 'any
animal endangered in it's wild habitat' which is most pet birds and many
fish and reptiles.  Even the chinchilla.

This new exotic animal bylaw could set a nasty precedent that may turn
against ferret owners in TO.  I know I sound paranoid, but if we want to
make sure our rights to own our safe, tame pets are still around, why let
safe, tame animals like chinchillas, geckos, tortoises, degus etc become
outlawed?

Petitions against this bylaw are at PJ Petstores, or can be obtained from
myself
Melissa
626 3188 Toronto area code

Sorry for dumping on you ferret folk, but this might become important!
Mel