From:
Rochelle Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 00:55:32 -0500
I'm just writing in case anyone out there has any suggestions on alterative
treatments for inoperable adrenal tumors.  Our eldest had her surgery last
week, and the vet did find the start of an adrenal tumor - but it couldn't
have started in a worse place.  Even though it's small, it has already fused
to the wall of the vena cava, and can't be removed.  Her symptoms are fairly
light at the moment (some hair loss, but no vulvar swelling or behavioral
changes), but I foresee that changing in the future.  Bob Rudich kindly gave
me some information on Ovaban (THANKS!), but I'd love to hear of any other
suggestions out there.  (Anyone make ferret sweaters???)

-rochelle

(of course, the hair loss wasn't helped by the, err, over-enthusiastic vet
tech -- she was shaved practically to her neck, poor thing!!)