From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:42:40 -0400
Claire wrote these lines which bear repeating to make my work below
make sense:

>But simply proving in court that the process existed before Purina
>patented it will take money, possibly millions. Compared to Purina
>(and mother company Nestle), Wysong is a tiny company. Defending this
>claim could bankrupt them, despite the validity of their claim. Anyone
>who remembers the Nestle boycotts may also remember that Nestle
>eventually responded; the petition to Nestle is worthwhile and may
>be effective.
>
> http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/help-wysong
>
>Wysong has filed (or is considering filing) a countersuit for patents
>misuse and misleading the US Patent Office.

Yes, the baby formula boycotts, and wasn't there at least one other?
What it took back then were actual boycotts of any Nestle and daughter
company products. People actually showed their knowledge of what
products to not buy in their letters to Nestle. An educated consumer
can be a frightening consumer.

Let's see:

Nestle

Nespresso coffees and coffee makers

Purina: Alpo, Beggin Strips, Beneful, Busy Bone, Purina chows, Chew
Eez, Chewfific, Delicat, Fancy Feast, Friskies, Kit Kaboodle, Mighty
Dog, Moist and Meaty, Pro Plan, One, Second Nature, Bonz, Tidy Cat,
Purina Veterinary Diets, Whisker Lickin's, Yesterday's News, Breeze

Nestle Waters: Pure Life, Aquarel, Vera

Nestle Professional (out-of-home market service)

Nestle Nutrition: *****with my eyes I can not catch all of those to
list them but someone else can go to
http://www.nestlenutrition.com/en/our_brands/
and include the list so far then add to it to make it closer to
comprehensive. There are a lot of baby products and more.*****

Others: Power Bar, Nido, Chocapic, Perrier, Nesquik, NaturNes, Maggi,
Dolce Gusto, KitKat, Nescafe

We are dealing with our service company trying to repair a master
control box again so my service is very up and down and limited.

*****I just also found
<http://www.nestle.com/Brands/RelatedPages/Brands+A-Z+Master.htm>
which is hopefully comprehensive but I can't get it open with our
service dropping so many packets.
Could someone else go there and make an easily viewed master list of
products to boycott -- or at first to threaten to boycott in their
letters to Nestle? *****

A lot of people here will use many of the Nestle products for their
human everyday use, and certainly Yesterday's News has been popular for
ferrets, so people who want to mention options INSTEAD of Yesterday's
News may find their work appreciated and ferret people will want to
mention that losing a chunk of the ferret market, where Yesterday's
News is widely used, would hurt Nestle.

I don't use Wysong, actually, but I think that the patenting of pre-
existing technology to get licensing fees just because the companies
involved can't afford to patent is pretty thoroughly nauseating.

*****Why boycott OTHER Nestle divisions and write directly to those
divisions? It sets up a great intra-company dynamic where other
divisions see just one division hurting THEIR bottom lines and THEIR
bonuses so their company's own other division heads also speak against
the one division that is causing them trouble. It is a very effective
form of corporate "divide and conquer".*****

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: