From:
Jenny Blum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 00:42:45 -0500
I love my two ferrets as if they were my own children and I've been
sitting here staring at my computer for the last ten minutes trying
to figure out how to write this message or if I even should. I had to
sign a lease for a pet free apartment that i have to move into
somewhere between may and august, and I know people sneak pets in these
apartments all the time, but my room in the apartment is carpeted and
my ferrets are not responding to my very persistent potty training
techniques. According to the contract, the lessors come around twice a
year to check for pets or any sign of them. I am currently living in
a room with wood floors and its easy to clean up, but carpet is much
harder. This apartment was the only one I could afford because some
medical emergencies drained my money last fall. I almost break down
in tears every time they try to go to the bathroom outside their cage
because they DO know its wrong and the wont listen to me. I know there
are pet stain removers but i'm afraid after so long they won't work
fully. I DO want to sneak them in with me but they are NOT doing very
much to help me in my efforts. I have tried and tried and I cannot
seem to figure out how to work this out.

I can't imagine my life without them, but the contract says no. They
are the greatest pets I've ever had. They are so friendly and love to
play with everyone. I am so terrified to rehome them because I am
scared they will not be taken care of the way I take care of them. That
they will not be let out everyday or be provided with toys. And as for
feeding, if someone tried to feed my zoey live food she would probably
get attacked. My zoey would not harm a fly if it bit her on the nose.
It truly makes me sick to my stomach thinking about giving them away,
but I dont know what else to do. I love them so much, I just don't
know. Please help me make a decision or give me aggressive potty
training techniques.