From:
Jan Fleury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:43:45 -0500
Hi, FMLers!

If you're coming to Orlando for the FML 10th, one stop on your itinerary
MUST be the Canada pavilion at Epcot!  Spent a full day over at Epcot a
couple weeks ago, and the highlight of the day was this:

Go to the Canada pavilion.  Go see their 360-degree movie 'O Canada'!  A
short time into the film, there's a moment when assorted animals are shown
on the big screen: each 'frame' surrounding you shows a different animal.

Wellllll, guess WHAT?  One of them is a FERRET!!  Well, sort of... I figured
it probably had to be maybe a polecat, because they present the creature as
part of Canada's WILDLIFE!  Hmmmm.

I was visiting Epcot alone the day I saw it, and when the furboy appeared on
the screen, I just said right out loud to no one in particular: "It's a
FERRET!"

In any case, the shot is VERY SHORT, just a second or two, so you have to be
very alert.  It shows an absolutely adorable sable fur-boy (my guess it's a
boy) with longish silky guard hairs.  He's shown in profile, facing into the
wind, the breeze ruffling his longish (winter fur suit?) like he's standing
on a grassy hillock or something, looking Very Dramatic.  Kind of a 'Rin Tin
Tin' sort of a pose.  Extra cute!  Now I envision a group of FMLers going to
see this film, and a cheer going up from our 'contingent' as the ferrety-boy
appears on the screen, about 10 feet high!!!

BTW -- I'm working on a little advice piece regarding airline travel with
ferrets, so if anyone has some actual experience they'd like to convey to me
in the next week or so, please do!

BEST TO ALL - CUDDLES TO ALL FUZZIES.

-- j