Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:15:47 -0400
From:
Please, I am stepping forth for the average ferret owners who do not
come online daily, who do not have time to read post after post and
email after email with contact info for this, that and the other thing
but who are dying to help. Right now, average joes are running around
with their heads chopped off. And you are loosing resources as I type
that otherwise could be available to you immediately and in the future.

People have space for adoptions but don't know the FAA exists or that
plans for possible transport exist, so they have walked away. People
don't know that shelters will need Walmart gift cards for trash bags,
paper towels, etc once some are transported around the country. People
don't realize that they might have resources they could easily share
and that will be needed. These are the people you need to reach,
because you need hands right now with their unique offerings, just as
much as experts.

A single daily, DAILY post/email must be sent out containing a simple
note to reach those people. It should include a phone number, alternate
phone number and email. It should emphasize that people who even
"think" they might be able to help in some way now or in the future ...
should contact the rescue operation and give their contact info and
possible items, skills, etc, that they might be able to offer. It
should emphasize the fact that it does not matter where they live, or
how dumb and little they think the "something" they have is to offer.

People are busy, they pop online here and there, they are excited and
confused. They can't sort out the info of to do this, contact this
group, for that contact that group, etc., and then further look up the
group contact info. In addition, it would be nice to have a single
webpage set up so that you could include a link on that same notice
that details things like "to donate items such as ____, send to [insert
addie]", so forth and so forth.

I wish myself I knew how to toss up a page. I know that many people
here know how and it would only take them 15 min to copy past some text
and put it up on a single plain page. Any other info, graphics et al
could be added later. I know that contact info and help is just now
being organized, so I don't expect anyone to know who is doing this or
that in the long run or what shelters will be active in the rescue, but
just a simple contact notice each day to reach those average joes is
really needed in this chaos.