From:
FML anonymous posts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2008 00:19:11 -0400
Hello Fellow FML'ers!! Need some advice please.

I have been watching an older little male for 4 weeks now that has been
in severe shelter shock as they call it. By the grace of God I have
kept him alive by sub q fluids and home made soup. I've even had to
syringe feed him when he refuses to eat. His owners have been in Europe
and are very supportive with what I have been doing. We've already been
to the vet where he was put on Flagyl, Amoxi and Pepto for probable
ulcers. With the diarrhea came a raw back side which I have been
applying Panalog ointment. He seems to be slightly on the upswing of
this but has gone back into depression and vomiting before. This has
tested me but I am glad that I know how to do certain things someone
else wouldn't. I have him for one more week. I know he thinks he's been
abandoned. I also have been carrying him around with me telling him how
special he is and even going as far as licking my fingers and cleaning
him like another ferret would. I am praying that I will be able to let
him see his daddy again.

What I want to know is if anyone has any tips that would help if this
does happen again. I would rather it happen to me then just another
person watching a ferret for someone.

Thanks.
[KS]