Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 21:01:26 -0800
Anyone know where I can find website info. about homeopathic and natural
suppliments for ANIMALS (of course even better if related to ferrets)?
Also, I'd like to know about anyone's experiences using "non-traditional"
herbs and/or suppliments, in conjunction with traditional ferret
medications, for your ferrets' health.

I've come across some particular vitamins, herbs, etc. that I'd like to
introduce into both mine and my furkids' feeding regimine (for them it
would be in small amounts from capsules, into their food) but I'm not
quite sure about the dosage amounts, possible side effects, etc. since
not much is mentioned about animal studies.

Licorice: (standard licorice or de-glycyrrhizinated licorice - DGL).
Has anti-viral properties and can be very effective in killing the
Helicobactor virus and reducing stomach inflamation in humans.

L-Carnosine: Linked to significant protection against ulcer formation and
healing of existing ulcers.

Vitamins A & Zinc: Both help in healing mucous membranes of the digestive
system.

Brewer's Yeast: good source of protein and Chromium, which regulates
blood sugar levels, and is one of the best natural sources of several
B-complex vitamins.

Any thoughts, recommendations, etc on these other other suppliments???
(please feel free to cross post and email me privately).

THANKS,
Jennifer and the 3 Amigos (Sasha, Snowball, and Phoebe)