From:
Anastasia Kidd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 23:13:42 -0400
Hello to everyone!
I'm new to the Mailing List.  In fact, so far, I've only received 2
digests.  But here I am, getting involved already.  I think I may be in
trouble here.  (Just joking.)

I wanted to put in my 2 cents worth in regards to licensing pets.  Where I
live in New Jersey, it is not required to license ferrets, only cats and
dogs.  I know for a fact that most people never bother, and I suspect most
don't even know that you're supposed to.  I, however, license my 8 cats
every year.  It may be costly, but I have a good reason for it.  Many
cities and townships in New Jersey have implemented limits on the number
of pets you can own at any one time.  I believe one town says you can have
no more than 3 animals, in any combination.  While my town has no such
restrictions, should they ever consider them, my 8 cats are safe.  By
licensing them, they are in effect 'grandfathered'.  Should it become
necessary to license ferrets, I will do so, even though the cost for 11
ferrets will be steep.  The peace of mind is worth it.

Glad to be here and hope to get to know some of you!
Anastasia Kidd ([log in to unmask])