From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:07:43 -0700
>From:    june batz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: I can hardly wait!!!
>My goodness, Thank you ZEN for that rather graphic depiction of a hob in
>rut..  I have a visual of Oliver with oily rings around his blood shot
>eyes, humping all of Joeys stuffed animals, hissing profanity at me while
>I unhook him from the cat, ferret<insert here, object of desire> my home
>unbearable to enter unless you have gas mask.

Well not the hissing at you part.  He be as cuddly as ever.  An oily stinky
thing just wanting to be cuddled.  We haven't seen hobs mistaking stuffed
critters for jills but then we haven't seen all of the hobs there are.

You did ask.  <grin>

>Please tell me, with no other Jills around, the severity of his behaviour
>will be somewhat less???

In full rut he might or might not need to be seperated from other males.
The sliming will happen.  The stink will happen.  But he will not turn on
you.  His behavior other than what we might think of as decorum will not
be a problem.  You'll just wish he had a different preference for cologne.

But a quick trip to a vet for a tiny incision will solve it completely.
Some vets will do neuters on males for really low prices.

>From:    Michel McDermott <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Licensing

Note the difference... in your city cats are licensed.  Then by all mean
work to get ferrets licensed so that they get thought of 'the same' as
cats.  We quite carefully worded our negative response to ferret licenses
to only mean if cats were not also licensed.  We have in mind the political
implications of licensing - we want ferrets thought of in the same way as
cats and dogs.  When cats and dogs are treated somewhat differently,
ferrets are more like cats so they ought to get the 'cat treatment'
legally.

Make sense?

--
bill and diane killian